2009/03/04

Why Skilled Immigrants Are Leaving the U.S.

According to Yahoo News:
The U.S. is no longer the only land of opportunity. If we don't want the immigrants who have fueled our innovation and economic growth, they now have options elsewhere. Immigrants are returning home in greater numbers. And new research shows they are returning to enjoy a better quality of life, better career prospects, and the comfort of being close to family and friends.
It's not surprising that immigrants (the legal kind) are deciding to leave. And I can't blame them. Where I would wish almost nothing but failure and deportment on the illegal immigrants, I wish nothing but the best for the legal immigrants that are deciding to return home.

To the legal immigrants, I say, I can't blame you for leaving. America doesn't deserve your skills. If those skills can benefit your home country, then my blessings on you.

And to anyone that would say that blessing them to go home is bad for America, I call hypocrisy. People keep complaining that there aren't enough jobs. What better way to give Americans jobs than to have openings created in skilled positions?

Oh, that's right. You can't teach Americans new skills easily. Something about old dogs and new tricks...

No comments:

Post a Comment