2017/07/18

Eccentricities

I started being eccentric at an early age. There were lots of things that I held dear with no clear reason.
My brother and I, being brothers in technology, in spite of being 6 years separate, ended up cooperating a lot because we were brothers in technology. When it came to transportation, this made for strange bedfellows sometimes. His preference for music and my preference for music were sometimes a bit desperate. And being the older person and often being the driver, my preferences overrode his. This made for some interesting interactions.

For example, at one point we arrived at a computer show and Celine Dion - To Love You More was playing (radio, late90's?).  We arrived, parked, and were essentially stalled at that point because I wanted to hear the song end. I more or less said, "I'm not leaving till they hear the end of this". My brother, to his credit did not complain.  The song ended, I killed the engine, and we entered the computer show. There are few perfect days and I don't even know how that one ended, but that one was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment