2017/02/21

Employment

Let me start with a trick question.
Are there currently enough jobs for everyone to be employed?  (hint: It's a trick question)

If you answer Yes or No, you've fallen for the bait and gotten it wrong.

When government, be that global, national, regional, or local, get out of the way of people to fairly trade goods and services with each other as they see fit, there don't need to be "enough jobs".

If every person expects to have some job provided for them, they are robbed of the freedom and creativity to look around and say, "Hey.  People would be better off if they could use widgets.  Maybe I should make and sell widgets." or, "Hey, that guy's lawn is thick.  Maybe he'd be interested in paying me to trim it for him." etcetera, so on, so forth.

Yes, within this analysis and creativity, there is plenty of room for someone to take the step further and say, "You know, I could hire others to do what I'm doing and we would mutually benefit. They would gain my reputation and I would get some part of the profits from their efforts."  THIS is the essence of what employment is (in the form of jobs).

When government starts "creating jobs" it is only because they are capable of extorting the money for said jobs from people that are actually producing something (a good or service). And you can bet your bottom dollar (and that's always the one the government wants, isn't it?) that the "job" they create will employ the least of the competent to do something that nobody wanted done in the first place.  

Did I recently hear about openings for dangerous furniture inspectors, or did I just nightmare that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment