2017/03/16

How are you doing?

So many people ask the question, "How are you doing?" that any thinking person has a number of canned retorts to respond to this.

One of my standard retorts is, "I think I'll live." which may be followed up, depending on receiver with, "I'm not sure how to feel about that." (or very similar)

The purpose of this interaction with people is twofold.  I am dark. This is probably immutable.  In spite of this, I can and do humor humor.


Big afterthought:
I was going to add parenthetical things to clarify points. I chose not to because people that could be confused by my minor points or wit would be confused in general.  Even trying to help them find the general direction of "up" would be a challenge.  So, I left my thoughts mostly as-is.

No comments:

Post a Comment