2014/12/05

Where'd my Nexus 7 Face Unlock go?

Last night I installed the Android 5.0.1 upgrade for my Gen2 Nexus 7.  There's some stuff I like and some stuff I'll have to get used to.  But the first thing I noticed is that Face Unlock appears to have gone missing.

With some research, I found that from [Settings] -> [Security], you could enable "Smart Lock".  But the problem was that I couldn't find that on my Security screen.  After some looking around, I scrolled down to the "Advanced" section (near the bottom), and found "Trust agents".  Tapping into that, I found "Smart Lock (Google)" which was defaulted to off.  I tapped that on, and then went back up a level.  Suddenly, "Smart Lock" appeared right where it was supposed to just below "Owner info".

Hopefully this tip will help some that haven't yet figured out where their Face Unlock feature has disappeared to.

No comments:

Post a Comment